1. Visit area neighborhood garden parks throughout Morelia!
No cell phone – no problem
Who remembers these?
2. Visit the nature sanctuary – warning not for the faint of fitness!! This one is a bit of a hike for some, so take your time to take in the view. ‘What?! No, I am not winded, I am just taking in the delicate caterpillars close up!!! Aren’t they so cute!!’
This is the Los Filtros Viejos Morelia or Old Filters Morelia
3. Enjoy the many puentes de las vistas buenas (beautiful viewing areas)
4. Take a combi or tour bus around town to visit areas like Santa Maria, Las Palomas, Altozano, the military zone (where you will see the active duty army along with their sleeping area), and more to enjoy the mountainsides, houses, and warm sunny air.
5. Go to the Liverpool and Altozano malls for dining, drinking, and shopping.
6. Are you an alitas fan? Alitas are chicken wings. Do you enjoy pizza? Have you ever thought to try French or Asian food? Well, there are restaurants throughout Morelia beyond the downtown where you can enjoy a bite of foreign foods such as these. Young Morelia loves foreign foods such as makis (cooked sushi rolls), alitas, and pizza.
7. Catch a movie with subtitles at Cinepolis. Available in both English and Spanish audio/subtitles. Check the movie listings.
8. Enjoy one of the many festivals that Morelia has year round.
This was in December one year. What the devil? Go to the posadas, find the baby in the Reyes, make some tamales, and enjoy the street bonfires sipping on warm atole on a cool winter night!!
2016 Morelia May Fiesta Expo
9. Take your children or your child-like heart to the zoologico. The zoo has many outdoor exhibits that include the large cats.
10. Enjoy the colonial era style buildings alongside the indigenous homes right next door to modern style homes.
*** Next time I will take you out to the towns surrounding Morelia. The longer your time in Morelia the more that you can explore! While the downtown is lovely, the entire city of Morelia has much to enjoy!!
6 thoughts on “10 Things to Do in Morelia”
My wife and I would certainly love to hook up with you and your husband, or just you. For a guided tour and question session. We are so excited to come to Morelia. We will be there from Jan 8,-Mar 23-2019. If possible please contact us. I would be more that happy to compensate you for your efforts.
We would love to meet up with both of you. However, we are not in Morelia at this time. We look forward to being there in late spring/early summer 2019.
Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I’m sorry to hear you are encountering issues with the photos uploading, Collin. How are you viewing this? Is it via a laptop, tablet, phone? Have you tried testing your internet service speed? There are times that this can slow down uploads. I had this issue in both Morelia and San Antonio on my laptop with slow internet providers. Then, in Morelia, it was just certain areas that I had the issue, while other places everything moved super quick and clear. This can be so frustrating. I will definitely check my website to be sure that content is loading correctly too. Please do visit again. I hope it works better for you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi there I used to be able to find good advice from your blog posts. grazie
I am glad to hear that you gained good advice from my blog posts. I love to help. Please keep checking in as new posts are on the way this week!